- Together Festival 22
- Next Gen
15 hours per week
Initially a fixed term 12 month contract
£19,909 (pro rata salary of £7963)
We are looking to recruit a passionate individual who will be responsible for supporting volunteers across the Smethwick CAN projects and network.
Volunteers are the heart of everything we do and therefore we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can ensure they are well supported and operating in positions where they can shine.
The main focus will be the Your Local Pantry: Smethwick and the Community Orchard projects.
This role requires someone with a good understanding of sater recruitment procedures, a willingness to work as a team, an can ensure volunteers voices are near an at all levels of operations and strategic decision making.
Example duties include:
– Supporting the various SCAN projects with volunteer recruitment, screening, hiring, placement and training for all volunteers.
– Facilitating training, social and focus group sessions with volunteers
– Working with project managers to ensure volunteers all have a clear role description and are working in roles where they thrive
– Co-ordinating volunteers for larger one-off events, for example fundraisers or supermarket collections
– Encouraging and developing opportunities for corporate volunteering.
– Supporting those seeking work experience placements and established youth volunteering opportunities, for example the Prince’s Trust.
To apply or find out more please email Amy Allan on firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description, person specification and application form.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Amy as detailed
Closing Date: Friday 12th August at 5.00 pm